Friday 26 September 2014

Having a nosey at other plots

Our field is always so quiet that it sometimes feels that any work done must be that of fairies or leprechauns (though we all know they are cheeky and rambunctious, so probably not them). Often I'm amazed when I take a dander around that plants are growing and thriving as they are; though more often my true suspicions are confirmed - few plot holders are bothering.

I love to nosey around, always seeing something on another's plot of interest and I am overjoyed to say that new people have moved in to the plot beside us (14a) and clearance has well and truly started there too.

Isn't it fabulous that we plot holders all get the same amount of land yet not one person does the same thing with theirs! Each plot, each half plot is a slice of someone's personality and circumstances.

So here are just a few photos from around field A that caught my eye last weekend....

Birdhouses
'growourown.blogspot.com' ~ An allotment blog
Almost everyone has at least one birdhouse - this makes me very happy

 A love for sunflowers and marigolds
'growourown.blogspot.com' ~ An allotment blog
What a fantastic colour to see all over the field at this time of year

The different states of plots at present
'growourown.blogspot.com' ~ An allotment blog
Abandoned; dug over and covered for winter; still producing (and this one oh so neat!)

Moments of love 
'growourown.blogspot.com' ~ An allotment blog
Such love has gone into painting this shed; Andrew being romantic *blush*; letting the birds share your table

I love these sort of little vignettes and I hope you do too, there will be less of them as the winter comes along and many people decide it's too cold/damp/dreary to go to the plots at all.
Love and hugs for your upcoming weekend!
Carrie

6 comments:

  1. A most enjoyable post and lovely pictures. I have a look round my site now and again, more often in the winter when I'm not plotting. Have a good weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us peek. If I gardened among others, I am afraid my competitive side would come out and I would try to have the most in the least space possible. It's bad enough when I am only competing with myself. I scroll back to see if my previous years are as good as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have a look-see from other plots in your area. I love the idea of the sunflower on your table -- a cosy little spot for your feathered friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE looking round everyone else's plot, there are so many lovely little corners to explore. The shed with the bench and table in the last photo is lovely, I'd like something like that at my plot, alas I don't think it will happen. Some of the people at my site always seem to be sitting down drinking tea together when I see them. I've no idea how their plots are so immaculate, it must be pixies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the flowers painted up the shed are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sunflowers www.woodblocx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x